There isn't much you can't make with Zucchini, and this recipe is proof of that! These soft shells make the perfect and simple grain free wrap to put together. The key is in squeezing as much water out of the zucchini as you can, so that they hold well. Full of healthy ingredients, simple to make and sure to hold up to your favorite taco fillings. Enjoy these shells as a snack or a wrap, think far beyond just a taco shell.
|Prep Time||15 minutes|
|Cook Time||22 minutes|
- 4 Cups zucchini shredded and drained of extra water
- 2 Medium eggs
- 1/2 Cup cheddar cheese shredded or any cheese of choice
- 2 Tbsp coconut flour
- 1/4 tsp cumin
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- Preheat oven to 425. Shred zucchini with a cheese grater or food processor. Then squeeze out any extra moisture with a cheese cloth or sturdy paper towel. Then squeeze some more to make sure as much liquid is extracted as possible.
- Add zucchini to large bowl and mix in remainder of the taco shell ingredients (egg, cheese, coconut flout, pepper, salt, garlic powder, and cumin).
- Cover baking sheets with parchment paper or oven proof baking mat. Scoop about ¼ cup of mixture and press down firmly on baking pan into a thin circle, about 5” wide. Repeat for remainder of mixture. You may need multiple baking sheets.
- Bake shells for about 20-25 minutes, flipping halfway through. The shells should look “crisp’ and brown around the edges but not burnt. The first time trying these, you may want to watch closely to gauge your ovens cooking time. You can always pan fry them at the end to give them an extra crunch, but they will serve more like a soft shell.
Share this Recipe
Leave a Reply