|Prep Time||10 minutes|
|Cook Time||30 minutes|
|Passive Time||1 hour|
- 2 Lbs portobello mushroom sliced to 1 inch pieces
- 1/4 Cup butter look for high quality grass fed if possible
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 yellow onion minced
- 1 1/2 Tbsp gluten free flour gluten free, tapioca, arrow root would work, or classic flour as well
- 6 sprigs fresh thyme
- 2 cloves garlic
- 4 Cups broth vegetable or bone broth
- 1/2 Cup heavy cream full fat coconut would work as a non-dairy substitute
- Melt butter in large pot add mushrooms salt on high until mushrooms give off their juices turned down to low and simmer for 15 minutes Add onions cook till tender for about five minutes.
- Add flour coat mushrooms cook for two minutes low heat So it doesn’t have the raw flour taste.
- Tie thyme sprigs into a small bundle with kitchen twine and add to mushroom mixture add garlic cloves.
- Add chicken or vegetable stock. Bring to a simmer and cook for one hour removed thyme bundle.
- Transfer parts of the soup into a blender and puree on high speed until smooth and thick. Return to the pot, repeat until it is all blender. Alternatively, if you have an immersion blender you can use that carefully in the pot.
- Once smooth, stir in the heavy cream, season with some black pepper and serve.
Share this Recipe
Leave a Reply