We love soup - the cousin to the smoothie! An easy way to pack a lot of flavor and nutrients into a single dish. This soup is packed with amazing flavors and full of nutrient dense ingredients. It will leave your belly fuel and your body fueled. Serve as a side dish, or make it a meal in itself.
|Prep Time||15 minutes|
|Cook Time||40 minutes|
- 1-2 tsp coconut oil or preferred oil, to coat pan
- 2 Tbsp onion chopped
- 1 Tbsp Red Thai curry paste (available at Asian markets and most major grocery chains)
- 2 1/2 Cup pumpkin puree
- 4 Cup chicken broth organic if possible, use vegetable broth for vegetarian option
- 1 Can coconut milk full fat is best
- 1 Medium lime juiced
- cilantro for topping
- sour cream or greek yogurt for topping
- shrimp cooked and chopped, optional add in
- Heat oil in a large pan. Cook onion and curry paste over medium heat until onion is soft.
- Add pumpkin and stock. Bring to the boil, reduce heat and simmer for 30 mins until pumpkin is very soft. Cool slightly
- Puree in a food processor or with a high power blender until smooth. Return to pan and add coconut milk, lime, and shrimp if desired.
- Reheat over low heat until well mixed and heated.. Spoon into bowls. Sprinkle with cilantro and top with sour cream.
Share this Recipe
Leave a Reply