We believe that REAL food should taste good and be a flavor party in your mouth. Long gone are the days of boring steamed chicken and broccoli. This recipe is packed with fresh spices and fresh flavor. The trick here is in the marinade: the yogurt helps break down the chicken making for a really tasty tender meat skewer. This recipe is a breeze and will be a huge hit at your house.
|Prep Time||2 hours|
|Cook Time||10 minutes|
- 2 Pounds chicken breast strips or boneless breasts cut into strips
- 1/2 Small onion grated
- 1 Tbsp garlic grated
- 1/2 Medium lemon fresh
- 1 Tbsp turmeric Garam Masala or/Yellow Curry Powder
- 1 Tbsp paprika
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp coriander
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/2 Cup yogurt plain
- salt to taste
- 8 stick skewers
- Mix all of the ingredients except the chicken in a small mixing bowl and mix into a marinade.
- Place the chicken in a freezer bag along with the marinade and marinate in the fridge for at least an hour, preferably several hours to overnight.
- Pull the chicken from the fridge and let it come to room temperature.
- Remove the chicken from the marinade and skewer it.
- Grill the chicken until cooked, about 3-5 minutes per side. Make sure there is no pink left in the middle of the chicken and it is fully cooked.
- Optional: Use an additional 1/2 cup plain yogurt as a dipping sauce, or a squirt of fresh lime. Or, it's super yummy all on its own!
Share this Recipe
Leave a Reply