It wouldn't be a holiday meal without some cranberry sauce. Heck, most of us would enjoy this sauce year round if we could. Well now you can! Most sauces you buy or make are loaded with processed sugar and leave you feeling the crash after. Our friend and Nutritionista "Mo" worked long and hard to perfect this delicious cranberry sauce full of pure ingredients. Very simple to make and pairs well with all holiday meals and beyond.
|Prep Time||5 minutes|
|Cook Time||20 minutes|
- 1.5 Cup cranberries bag of fresh cranberries
- 1/3 Cup apple juice fresh and no sugar added juice.
- 1/2 Cup pure maple syrup or raw honey
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ginger grated
- Wash the cranberries and discard any soft ones. In a med pot, combine the apple juice, maple syrup, ginger and cinnamon and bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce to low and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add the cranberries, and cook for 15 minutes. The cranberries should burst and the sauce will thicken (do not cook longer than 15 minutes or pectin will break down, which is what you want to what thickens it). Let cool and store in jar.
Share this Recipe
Leave a Reply