If you ever wondering how it would taste to eat zucchini bread, carrot cake, and oatmeal in one sitting, you now officially have your answer. It's this slow cooker oatmeal and it's out of this world. Oatmeal can get really boring, but by sneaking (errr...we mean adding) the carrots, zucchini, and spices, this makes a very memorable breakfast to share. Please see note, you can make this on the stovetop as well!
|Prep Time||5 minutes|
|Passive Time||8 hours|
- 1/2 Cup steel cut oats
- 1 14 ounce coconut milk full fat, or any non dairy milk would work
- 1 Small carrot grated
- 1/2 Small zucchini peeled and grated
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg freshly grate whole nutmeg for an added boost of flavor if you have it
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp cloves
- 2 Tbsp pure maple syrup
- 1/4 Cup pecans chopped
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- Oil the crock of your slow cooker. Combine all of the ingredients, except pecans, in the slow cooker. Cook on low for 6 to 8 hours.
- Stir the oatmeal, taste and adjust the seasonings, and add more milk, if needed. Top with chopped pecans.
NOTE: You can also make this on the stovetop! Just put all ingredients (less pecans) in and cook for about 15-20 minutes on medium heat. Then let it sit, covered for 5, stir, top with chopped with pecans and enjoy!
Share this Recipe
Leave a Reply