With a title like this, need we say much? This is a nutritious and delicious breakfast or grab and go snack. You can pour milk over it and eat it like cereal, stir some into your morning yogurt to make a parfait, or simply package it to go like any granola and enjoy on the go. When you pack your oatmeal with a lot of healthy fat and protein, you'll stay away from HANGRY for hours to come.
|Prep Time||10 minutes|
|Cook Time||40 minutes|
- 2 Cup rolled oats
- 1/2 Cup quinoa uncooked
- 1/2 Cup flax seed ground
- 1/4 Cup chia seeds
- 1 Cup assorted raw nuts roughly chopped, we use walnuts and almonds
- 1/2 Cup natural nut butter
- 1/4 cup raw honey raw, optional if you want a sweeter version
- 3 Tbsp coconut oil melted
- 1 Tbsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/3 Cup dried fruit optional ingredient
- 1/3 Cup cacao nibs optional ingredient
- Preheat the oven to 300°F/150°C and line a large baking tray with parchment (NOT wax) paper.
- Combine the oats, quinoa, seeds, nuts and additional add ins and stir together in a bowl.
- In a separate bowl, combine nut butter, honey/syrup, coconut oil and vanilla and stir together until fully combined.
- Pour the wet mixture over the dry ingredients (we microwaved the nut butter mix for about 20 seconds to melt it down a bit) and toss together well.
- Lay the granola out flat (<- important, it won’t crisp properly otherwise) on the baking tray and bake in the preheated oven for 30-40 min, stirring around every 10 minutes, until golden brown and toasty.
- Allow to cool slightly before eating. This can be served plain, with yogurt or milk of choice. Will keep well in airtight container.
Share this Recipe
Leave a Reply