The ULTIMATE food swap is happening with this blondie recipe. Instead of the traditional flour, butter, sugar combo to get these tasty treats made, this recipe uses chickpeas as its secret ingredient. Chickpeas are high in fiber, iron, and helps detoxify your body. Also, instead of refined sugar it is sweetened with pure maple syrup, and uses oats instead of flour. These melt in your mouth and go quick. Like real quick. You may want to go ahead and just double the recipe now. Seriously though, these are legit. Tiny bites of goodness! These are inspired by the Chocolate Covered Katie Blog.
|Prep Time||5 minutes|
|Cook Time||15-20 minutes|
- 15 1/2 Ounce Can chickpeas very well drained
- 1/3 Cup applesauce unsweetend
- 2 Tbsp pure maple syrup or honey
- 1/3 Cup rolled oats
- 1/4 Cup almond butter
- 3/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 Cup mini chocolate chips we recommend the Enjoy Life Brand for its clean ingredients list
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- After chickpeas are fully drained and rinse, place them your food processor and add all ingredients, less the chocolate chips, and process until smooth. Once smooth, stir in chocolate chips by hand. Evenly divide into 24 mini muffin tins, well greased with butter, coconut oil, or with muffin wrappers.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes. These will melt in your mouth and are not cake like, more gooey like cookie dough consistency. Let cool 5 minutes on wire wrack then carefully remove from muffin tins and enjoy.
Share this Recipe
Leave a Reply