Want to be the hit of any party? Also want to trick your friends or kids into being delighted over an indulgent dessert that is actually secretly healthy? Just bring this Oatmeal Raisin Cookie Dough Dip. They’ll never know what they’re missing. Recipe adapted from www.chocolatecoveredkatie.com . If you are not a raisin fan, you can sub another dried fruit or chocolate chips.
|Prep Time||5 minutes|
|Cook Time||5 minutes|
- 1 Can chickpeas drained and rinsed very well
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/4 Cup rolled oats
- 2/3 Cup brown sugar or coconut brown sugar
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 3 Tbsp oil or 1/4 cup nut butter (any brand of your choice)
- 2 Tbsp applesauce
- 1 Tbsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 Cup raisins can sub chocolate chips, or get crazy and do both.
- 1/2 Cup rolled oats
- Combine the first 10 ingredients (up to vanilla) in a food processor and process very well, until it is completely smooth like cookie dough. (Some had success with a blender, but we did not. Try at your own risk and know the result will be better in a high-quality food processor such as a Cuisinart.)
- Add the last two ingredients, and blend again — either a little for a chewier dip, or until completely smooth again for a creamier dip.
- Serve with apple slices, fruit skewers, bananas, use to top protein pancakes, or whatever else you wish.
Share this Recipe
Leave a Reply