This is a simple to make, grab n go protein bar. While we are always advocates of getting most of your macro's from whole foods, a high quality protein powder (free from additives and sugars), can be an excellent supplement for the busiest of days. This bar will not only save you money from the expensive bars on the market, it will save you peace of mind knowing exactly what you are eating and all with only 7 ingredients.
|Prep Time||10 minutes|
|Cook Time||12 minutes|
- 1 Cup almond butter or nut butter of choice
- 2 Tbsp protein powder look for unprocessed, free of additives and extra sugar
- 1/2 Cup pure maple syrup can use less if cutting sugar
- 2 Medium eggs
- 2 Cup rolled oats
- 1/2 Cup shredded unsweetened coconut
- 1 tsp baking soda
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease a 9-by-11-inch pan with cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, use an electric mixer to mix almond butter, protein powder, and maple syrup (you can sub honey, or use less sweetener if desired.). Beat in the eggs.
- Stir in rolled oats, coconut, and baking soda, and mix well.
- Firmly press stiff dough into the pan using the back of a spoon.
- Bake for 12 minutes or until the top browns slightly.
- Cool pan on a rack, cut into 9-12 squares, and store leftovers in an airtight container. You can individually wrap these once they are cooled for an easy grab n go bar.
Share this Recipe
white kitchen tap says
wonderful short article. Thanks for publishing info like this.