Who says you can't have dessert for breakfast? Well, 'they' could be right if it's a traditional dessert, but they would be WRONG if they ever called you out for having these here cookies for some brekkie! Jam packed with nutrients from oats, chickpeas, and naturally sweetened with dates, these breakfast cookies are high in protein and fiber, and even have a semi-secret ingredient of pumpkin in 'em. Just trust us, make these and be the hero of the day!
|Prep Time||10 minutes|
|Cook Time||15 minutes|
- 2 Cups rolled oats
- 2 Cups Medjool dates pitted and chopped
- 1 19 ounce can chickpeas rinsed and well drained
- 1/4 Cup canned pumpkin puree, not canned pumpkin pie filling
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Add all ingredients into a food processor or blender and mix together until a dough forms.
- Roll into 12 balls and place on a cookie sheet that is lined with parchment paper. Lightly press balls down to form a flatter cookie.
- Bake for 13-15 minutes and cool on a wire rack for a few minutes before you dig in!
Share this Recipe
Leave a Reply