When VFitters get together, they bring the fun and the healthy food to share! This dish was part of the NorCal VFit get together and is a MUST MAKE! Chock full of nutrient dense and delicious ingredients, this is a real crowd pleaser and perfect to bring to a pot luck. Thank you Linda S for sharing! This is from the cookbook Soups and Sides by Catherine Walthers.
- 1 1/2 Cups quinoa rinsed well and drained
- 2 1/4 Cups water
- 1/2 tspn salt
- 1 Cup edamame beans frozen, shelled
- 1 Cup corn about as much as 2 ears of corn, fresh (if using frozen cook first)
- 1 red bell pepper diced
- 1 Cup black beans drained and rinsed in hot water
- 1/2 Cup cilantro fresh, chopped
- 6 Tbs lime juice freshly squeezed
- 6 Tbs olive oil
- 1 clove garlic finely minced
- 1/2 tspn chili powder
- 1/2 tspn ground cumin
- 3/4 tspn kosher salt or to taste
- Put quinoa, water, and 1/2 teaspoon salt in saucepan and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and cook on low 13-15 minutes, or until water is fully absorbed. Turn off heat and let it rest for 10 minutes. Fluff with a fork, add to a large bowl and let it cool to room temperature.
- Bring another pot of water to boil. Add edamame and boil for 2 minutes, then add corn. Continue to boil for 2 more minutes. Drain then run under cold water to stop them from cooking and keep their color. Add corn, edamame, and the diced bell pepper, and black beans to the larger bowl with the cooked and cooled quinoa.
- Make the dressing by wisking together all ingredients. When ready to serve salad, pour then toss gently to combine. Then add cilantro. Serve at room temperature.
Share this Recipe
Leave a Reply