You may see the title of this and think to yourself, "wow, these guys love their zoodles" -- and you're definitely on to us! But let's be honest...zoodles are amazing. They're nutritious (they are, after all, a veggie), they're easy, there's no boiling required, they have an awesome texture, and they're the perfect little vehicle for anything you'd ordinarily slap on some pasta...and then some. This is the recipe for the gal (or guy!) on the go - 20 minutes max start to finish, can be pre-made and these are equally delish eaten cold. Don't feel like cooking up meat? Rinse some white beans and throw them in the mix instead. In any case - this is a winner.
|Prep Time||10 minutes|
|Cook Time||20 minutes|
- 3 Medium zucchini spiralized into zoodles
- 1/2 Cup cherry tomatos halved
- 1/3 Cup feta
- 4 Leaves basil
- 2 Tbsp kalamata olives sliced
- 4 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Medium lemon juice the lemon
- 1 tsp raw honey
- 1 Tbsp garlic minced
- 2 Medium chicken breasts Cook protein ahead of time, can also use white beans as vegetarian option, shrimp or another protein of choice
- Preheat oven to 350 F and arrange tomatoes on a cooking sheet.
- Combine garlic, honey, olive oil, lemon juice, salt, and pepper. Pour 1/4 of olive oil mixture over the tomatoes, or enough to coat. Put in oven for 15 - 20 minutes, until tomatoes are blistered.
- Once finished, toss Zoodles with remaining oil mixture, tomatoes, torn basil, cheese, olives, and pine nuts and serve. Top each plate with desired protein.
Share this Recipe
Leave a Reply