One way to eat your greens beyond a ton of salad is to have them in some hearty soup! This is a VERY filling soup, filled with a ton of nourishing veggies. What makes this so filling is that it has pureed potatoes as part of the base. It'll be love at first bite once you dig into this mean green soup!
|Prep Time||10 minutes|
|Cook Time||45 minutes|
- 1/2 Cup white onion finely chopped
- 1 Clove garlic finely minced
- 3 Cups fresh green beans trimmed
- 2 Cups white potatoes chopped
- 2 Tbs olive oil
- 1 Tbs butter look for grass fed brands like Kerrygold
- 4 Cups bone broth chicken or vegetable would work best
- Saute garlic and onion in olive oil until fragrant. Add green beans and butter and saute an additional 5 minutes under medium heat.
- Boil chopped potatoes in another pot until tender.
- Add potatoes and broth to bean mixture once potatoes are fork tender. Cook together for about 10 minutes then puree. Use an immersion blender, or carefully use a food processor/blender. Cook an additional ten minutes to meld the flavors. Add with any toppings you may like!
Share this Recipe
Leave a Reply