This recipe came from one of our favorite members who is very gluten sensitive. One afternoon, she was craving cookies and didn't have her normal go-to grain free flours around her pantry so she whipped up this batter which uses rolled oats and some coconut flour. These cookies are a tasty and nutritious treat and will please kids and adults alike. Just a warning, you probably want to double the batch!
|Prep Time||15 minutes|
|Cook Time||15 minutes|
- 4 Tbsp butter grass fed is best
- 2 eggs cage free if possible
- 2 Tbsp pure maple syrup
- 1 Tbsp pure vanilla extract or tuaca if you want the drunkin kind!
- 1 1/2 Cups rolled oats if gluten free, look for 'gluten free' on the label to ensure no cross-contamination
- 2 Tbsp coconut flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder make sure it is fresh and not expired
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup dark chocolate chips we suggest high quality chips like Enjoy Life which are soy, nut, and dairy free
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In food processor, process butter through booze/vanilla until well mixed. Add oats through salt and process until oats are broken down a bit (batter will be like play dough consistency but taste much better).
- Remove from food processor and mix in chocolate chips by hand.
- Form into delicious cookies, bake on parchment paper and cook for 15 minutes, or until golden brown. Cool on wire rack for a few minutes and enjoy!!!
Share this Recipe
Leave a Reply