Something about stuffed chicken really dresses up a plain ol' breast. There's nothing plain about this recipe though! We take crumbed tasty sausage mixed with kale and stuff it into a chicken. After a quick pan fry, it's put into the oven and out comes yummy chicken with a boost of nutrition from the kale to boot! Adding in that sausage will help make this a crowdpleaser for the whole family.
- 1/4 Cup Italian sausage nitrate free and as low sodium as possible
- 3 Stalks dinosaur kale stems removed and coarsely chopped
- 2 Tbsp coconut oil
- 2 chicken breasts large, skinless, boneless, free range organic if possible
- 4 Cloves garlic finely chopped
- kosher salt to taste
- black pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- In a sauce pan, heat 1 Tbsp of coconut oil and saute the loose ground sausage on medium-high heat. Using a spatula or wooden spoon to chop it up finely.
- Once the sausage is browned and cooked through, add the kale and saute until crisp and cooked well. The crispier the better! Once done, remove from heat and allow to cool.
- Dry off the chicken breasts and, using a boning knife or other thin flexible knife, carefully slice into the middle of the breast from the thick end. The ONLY hole should be at the thick end of the chicken. Slice a bit further on each side to make more room. Use your finger or a butter knife to gently widen the hole and make a larger cavity.
- Fill the cavity with the sausage mixture - its fine if some spills out.
- Season stuffed breasts with salt and pepper to taste. Wipe down the saute pan and heat the other 1 Tbsp of coconut oil on medium-high heat. Sear the chicken on one side about 3-4 minutes or until golden and crisp then flip and place the pan in the oven for 12-15 minutes, depending on thickness of chicken.
Share this Recipe
Leave a Reply