When it's a comfort dish they are craving at the Jaeger's house, this dish delivers! Take Taco Tuesday up a notch with this delicious Mexican casserole dish that is loaded with veggies and goodness! You could also make this with ground beef, pulled pork, or use black or refried beans to make it vegetarian.
|Prep Time||15 minutes|
|Cook Time||45 minutes|
- 12 corn tortillas
- 2 Cups enchilada sauce use premade with clean ingredients list or make your own from the Rolodex, see Note.
- 1 1/2 Lbs cooked shredded chicken
- 1 medium zucchini shredded and water squeezed out (can use hand or cheese cloth)
- 1 Cup cauli rice cooked
- 1/2 Cup cheese shredded, optional
- 1 small can diced chilis optional
- Preheat oven to 350. Place 1-2 cups of enchilada sauce at bottom of a large baking dish. Layer 6 tortillas over sauce.
- In a side bowl combine chicken. Zucchini, diced chili’s and cauli rice - mixing ball together. Scoop mixture over first layer of tortillas.
- Layer 6 more tortillas on top and then pour the rest of sauce evenly over entire dish. Top with cheese and cover with foil.
- Bake at 350 for 30-40 minutes. Option to remove foil and broil the final 2-4 minutes to further melt the cheese.
Note: Link to the Rolodex Enchilada Sauce recipe
Share this Recipe
Leave a Reply