|Prep Time||15 minutes|
|Cook Time||3-4 hours|
- 2 Cups red lentils
- 10 Ounces spinach frozen or fresh and chopped
- 2 Cups tomato diced, can be from can
- 1 onion chopped
- 1 Tbsp garlic minced
- 1 Tbsp ginger root minced
- 4 Cups chicken broth * vegetable broth is fine as a substitute
- 1 Tbsp curry powder or paste
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp coriander
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper can increase to 1/4 tsp for more heat
- 2 tsp sugar or coconut sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp salt kosher
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice fresh or fresh lime juice
- 1 Tbsp cilantro fresh, chopped, plus more for garnish
- Combine all ingredients except for the lemon (or lime) juice and cilantro in the pot of a slow cooker.
- Cook on high for 3-4 hours or on low for 6-7 hours (or bring to a boil on the stove top and then simmer, covered, on low for 1 hour).
- Before serving, add the lemon juice and cilantro.
- Serve over cauli rice, shiitake noodles, quinoa, zucchini noodles, etc, if desired.
Share this Recipe
Leave a Reply