Short on time but looking to get festive in the kitchen this morning? Wake up your taste buds to this festive egg dish in the morning and your day will be anything but ordinary. We call for enchilada sauce here, so either make it from the Rolodex and meal plan another meal this week that needs it (or freeze the leftovers) or if you have to buy some, make sure it has a very clean ingredient list.
|Prep Time||10 minutes|
|Cook Time||12 minutes|
- 1 1/4 Cup crushed tomato diced with chilies
- 1 1/4 Cup enchilada sauce see Sauces and Dressings, or if buying look for clean ingredient list
- 1/3 Cup cilantro fresh, chopped
- 1 Tbsp lime juice fresh
- 2 Tbsp water filtered
- 1 15 Ounce Can pinto beans rinsed and drained
- 4 Large eggs
- 4 corn tortillas
- 1 Large avocado diced
- 1 Cup grated cheese optional, topping
- Combine the tomatoes and enchilada sauce in a medium saucepan; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer 5 minutes or until slightly thick. Remove from heat; stir in cilantro and lime juice. Set aside.
- Place water and beans in a microwave-safe bowl, and partially mash with a fork. Cover and microwave at HIGH 2 minutes or until hot.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray or oil over medium-high heat. Add eggs; cook 1 minute on each side or until desired degree of doneness.
- Warm tortillas according to package.
- Time to assemble! Spread about 1/3 cup beans over each tortilla; top each tortilla with 1 egg. Spoon 1/2 cup sauce around each egg; sprinkle each serving with 1/4 cup cheese (optional).
Share this Recipe
Leave a Reply