Who doesn't love a good ol' hummus to go dipping some freshly cut carrots in? This comes together in a jff and uses cannellini beans which are high in fiber, iron and protein instead of the classic chick peas this dish usually calls for, for an unexpected twist! The beans make this a bit creamier than your classic hummus. Give it a go, this recipe is sure to not disappoint.
|Prep Time||15 minutes|
- 15 Ounces cannellini beans drained and rinsed or garbanzo beans (1 can)
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice fresh
- 1/4 Cup olive oil can add more to thin out
- 2 Tbsp tahini optional
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1/4 Cup italian parsley leaves fresh, loosely packed
- Pinch salt
- Pinch black pepper freshly ground
- 1 tsp paprika
- Place the beans, garlic, lemon juice, olive oil, tahini, cumin, and parsley in the work bowl of a food processor.
- Pulse until the mixture is the consistency you prefer. You can add more oil or water if it seems too thick and continue to blend.
- Season with salt, pepper, and paprika to taste.
- Transfer the bean puree to a small bowl, refrigerate and serve.
Share this Recipe
Leave a Reply