Don't get us wrong, we absolutely LOVE ourselves some chai tea! BUT - a lot of times what you are getting when you are out and about is full of extra ingredients, or loaded up with insane amounts of extra sugar or syrup that is just not necessary. We've created this homemade chai tea recipe which takes the key flavors from their natural source - cinnamon sticks, ginger root, cardamon pods, and black pepper corns - so you don't need to add much else to this to truly enjoy a lovely chai at home.
|Prep Time||5 minutes|
|Cook Time||30 minutes|
- 10 cloves whole
- 12 cardamom pods
- 12 black peppercorns whole
- 2 Sticks cinnamon
- 4 Slices ginger fresh
- 1 Cup almond milk
- 4 Cups water filtered
- 1 Tbsp pure maple syrup or honey
- Boil 4 cups of water and bring to a simmer. Once simmering, add the remaining ingredients.
- Let simmer for at least a half an hour - flavors will intensify with time.
- After half an hour, carefully drain through a metal sieve.
- When ready to serve, if you have one on hand, pour half a mug's worth the chai tea, use your milk frother, then pour the rest in. Top with a dash of extra cinnamon. You can store the extra tea in the refrigerator for about three days.
Share this Recipe
Leave a Reply