This is a fabulous meal to make on the grill and enjoy with loved ones. Full of tropical flavors, it is sure to make you feel like you are on a sandy beach! Pairs well with cauli rice or served next to a salad. We've adapted this from Emeril at Food Network. Another option if you aren't into or are allergic to mango is to create the salsa using pineapple instead, which will stay in line with the tropical inspiration of these fish tacos.
|Prep Time||20 minutes|
|Cook Time||15 minutes|
|Passive Time||60 minutes|
Fish and Marinade
- 4 Fillets mahi mahi 6 - 8 ounces
- 1/2 Cup yellow onion sliced
- 1/4 Cup olive oil
- 2 Tbsp orange juice
- 2 Tbsp lime juice
- 2 Tbsp cilantro finely chopped
- 3 Tbsp garlic finely chopped or crushed
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp chili powder optional
- 8 corn tortillas and any toppings of choice for tacos
- 1 Cup mango peeled and cubed, pineapple would also work
- 1 avocado peeled and cubed
- 1/4 Cup red onion finely chopped
- 1/4 Cup bell pepper finely chopped
- 3 Tbsp cilantro finely chopped
- 1 Tbsp lime juice
- 2 tsp jalepeno optional. Finely chopped
- 1 tsp garlic minced
- 1/2 Cup pineapple diced
Fish and Marinade
- Combine the mango, pineapple, avocado, onions, bell peppers, cilantro, lime juice, jalapeno, garlic, and salt in a bowl and gently fold to combine. Adjust seasoning to taste. Let sit for 30 minutes before serving for the flavors to blend.
Fish and Tacos
- In a bowl, combine the onions, oil, orange and lime juices, cilantro, garlic, salt, cumin, and cayenne. Place the fish in a large baking dish. Pour the marinade over the fish, cover and refrigerate for up to 1 hour.
- Preheat a grill, and lightly oil the grill rack with olive oil (can also use a hot pan in the stove). Remove the fish from the marinade. Place on the oiled grill and cook on one side, until marked, 45 seconds to 1 minute. Turn carefully with a spatula and cook, skin side down, until the fish is just cooked through, about 4 minutes, depending upon thickness. Remove from the grill.
- Slice the fish and serve as tacos, on a salad or however you enjoy. Scoop salsa on top.
Share this Recipe
Leave a Reply