|Prep Time||15 minutes|
|Cook Time||20 minutes|
- 1 3/4 Cup rolled oats
- 1/2 Cup quinoa cooked
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 Tbsp pure maple syrup
- 2/3 cup almond milk or milk of choice
- 1 1/2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 Tbsp coconut oil melted
- Roughly chop strawberries and place in a small saucepan on a medium heat with the water and maple syrup.
- Allow the strawberries to heat for a couple of minutes then mash a little with a fork or potato masher to release their juices.
- When the mixture begins to simmer, stir in the chia seeds and turn the heat to low.
- Stir occasionally and allow the mixture to slowly thicken until it coats the back of a wooden spoon. It will get a little thicker as it cools.
- Store in a jar or airtight container in the fridge for up to 2 weeks.
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Put the oats in a blender and blitz until they become a fine powder.
- Place the blended oats into a bowl with the salt, maple syrup, baking powder and cooked quinoa.
- Melt and add the coconut oil and mix well.
- Combine the almond milk and vinegar and slowly stir into the dry mixture until it forms a clumpy dough.
- Shape into 6 flattened balls and place on a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 15 - 20 minutes until firm to touch and lightly golden.
- Serve scones with chia jam and yogurt.
Share this Recipe
Leave a Reply