You have to try this salad to believe how great it is! If you love Asian chicken salads, you will love this fresh creation. Free of processed sugar and less than desirable oils, you will feel full of energy after this power burst of flavor and nutrients. You can always omit the chicken or add any other protein in its place. The recipe was adapted and modified slightly from the Against All Grain Blog. This salad tastes best if you let it sit for at least an hour prior to serving, make sure you allot for that time when putting this together. This also makes a HUGE salad, so even though there's a lot of slicing and shredding, know you'll have plenty of this salad to eat and enjoy!
|Prep Time||25 minutes|
|Passive Time||6 hours|
- 2 tsp garlic minced
- 1 Tbsp cilantro fresh works best
- 1 Tbsp almond butter unsweetened
- 1.5 Tbsp lime juice
- 1/2 tsp soy sauce or use coconut aminos, or Braggs aminos for soy-free option
- 1/2 Tbsp apple cider vinegar look for raw and unfiltered, if possible
- 1/2 Tbsp ginger fresh grated works best
- 1 Tbsp coconut milk
- 1 tsp raw honey
- 1/4 tsp chili paste optional
- 1/4 Cup olive oil
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 2 Medium carrot shredded
- 3 Cups napa cabbage shredded
- 1/2 Medium jicama bulb peeled and shredded
- 1 Cup sugar snap peas sliced
- 1 bell pepper cut and sliced
- 1 Cup mango peeled and sliced
- 2 Tbsp almonds sliced
- 2 Tbsp cashews chopped
- 1 Cup chicken breasts shredded, cook in crock pot ahead of time (step 2 below)
- 2 Tbsp cilantro fresh
- Place all dressing ingredients, except oil into a blender and blend until well combined. Then slowly add in oil and blend again. Place dressing to the side while you prepare salad.
Chicken and salad
- Place chicken in a crock pot and cook on low 3-5 hours until chicken is able to shred. It is useful to cook a big batch and keep on hand for meals throughout the week.
- Using the small blade on your cheese grater, a food processor attachment, or salad shooter, shred the carrots and jicama.
- Thinly chop the bell pepper, snap peas, and cabbage. Place cabbage, carrots, bell peppers, jicama and snap peas into a large bowl and combine well.
- Dish salad mix onto plates and drizzle with 1 Tbsp. of dressing each. Top with mango, nuts and fresh cilantro. You can also mix everything and the dressing together and let it sit for one hour in the fridge before serving.
Share this Recipe
Leave a Reply