This is one of Rachele's FAVORITE crockpot dishes. It is so full of flavor and simple to make. This ropa vieja pairs wonderful with some spicy slaw or cilantro lime cauli rice. This shredded meat is easy to make, yet tastes gourmet AND its rich in flavor, all while staying packed full of fresh veggies and spices.
|Prep Time||20 minutes|
|Cook Time||6 hours|
- 1 1/2 Pounds beef roast
- 1 Medium yellow onion thinly sliced
- 1 bell pepper red, thinly sliced
- 1 bell pepper yellow, thinly sliced.
- 1/2 Cup tomato paste 1 small 6 oz can will work. look for pure tomato pulp
- 2 Cups diced tomato fresh, or one 28 ounce can
- 1 Tbsp cumin
- 1 Tbsp thyme
- 1 Tbsp dried oregeno
- 4 Cloves garlic peeled and finely chopped
- 1 Cup chicken broth
- Turn slow cooker to low. Add your onions and peppers to the bottom and set your roast on top. Cut 4 deep slices into the chuck roast and place garlic over the roast.
- Next add all your spices and salt and pepper. Then add your tomato sauce, diced tomatoes and broth.
- Place on low for 6-8 hours or high for 5-7 hours. Beef will start to shred when ready and be in a tomato like sauce.
- Can serve as tacos, with cauli rice and beans or on top of a fresh salad. Makes great leftovers.
Share this Recipe
When someone writes an piece of writing he/she retains the image of a user in his/her
brain that how a user can know it. Therefore that’s why this paragraph is perfect.