|Prep Time||15 minutes|
|Cook Time||20 minutes|
- 8 medium granny smith apples or apples of choice. Peeled and chopped into 1/2 inch pieces
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 medium lemon zest and juice only
- 1/2 cup butter grass fed and unsalted
- 1 tbsp pure maple syrup optional
- In a cast-iron pan or stainless steel pot, combine apples, lemon zest, lemon juice, cinnamon, maple syrup and butter. Simmer over medium heat until the apples soften, about 15- 20 minutes.
- Transfer to a blender or food processor and blend to desired consistency. Served best warm.
NOTE: For the butter, look for Kerrygold brand if possible, which is a great grass fed butter and modestly priced. You will notice a difference when using grass fed butter, especially in recipes like these.
Share this Recipe
Leave a Reply