The good thing about chickpeas, is you can almost put them anywhere as a protein swap! And the result is usually FABULOUS! This recipe right here is no exception. All the flavor of a tuna salad, none of the mercury or tuna smell in the office 🙂 You can make a sandwich out of this with sprouted grain bread or a lettuce wrap, or eat it straight up with a spoon, it's just that good.
|Prep Time||10 minutes|
- 15 ounce can chickpeas drained and rinsed
- 1/4 Cup unsalted sunflower seeds if you end up using salt, omit salt from recipe below
- 3 Tbs olive oil mayonaise or avocado mayonaise, try to avoid canola oil based, or make your own! * see note
- 1/2 tspn dijon mustard or other spicy mustard
- 1 Tbs pure maple syrup
- 1/4 Cup red onion chopped
- 2 Tbs fresh dill finely chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- Add chickpeas to a mixing bowl and lightly mash with a fork for texture.
- Then add sunflower seeds, mayo, mustard, maple syrup, red onion, dill, salt, and pepper and mix with a spoon.
- Taste and adjust seasonings as needed.
Instead of mayo, you can also use tahini. This'll add a nutty flavor to it. If you go down this route, cut back a tad on the mustard. Enjoy!
Share this Recipe
Leave a Reply