Chia seeds act as a great thickener for this coconut milk pudding. Not only that, but chia seeds are a super source of omega-3 fatty acids, rich in antioxidants, and pack a full punch of fiber, iron, and calcium (which is so needed for bone health). Omega-3 fatty acids bring up our good cholesterol (HDL) which helps protect our heart against stroke and heart attacks. This is a single serve recipe, you may want to just go ahead and double - or triple - it straight away, it's THAT good!
|Prep Time||15 minutes|
|Passive Time||1 hour|
- 1 Tbsp chia seeds
- 1/2 Cup coconut milk
- 1/8 tsp pure vanilla extract
- salt pinch
- 1 Tbsp pure maple syrup
- dessert toppings of choice fruit, nuts, cacao nibs, etc.
- In a small bowl or jar combine the first four ingredients.
- Stir well and refrigerate for at least one hour.
- After the first thirty minutes give the mixture a stir, so it doesn't clump together.
- Once you're ready to eat, stir in the syrup and top with your add-ins.
Share this Recipe
Leave a Reply