|Prep Time||15 minutes|
- 1 Tbs olive oil
- 1/2 large onion chopped
- 1 1/2 tspn salt to taste
- 1/2 tspn pepper to taste
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme
- 1 tspn garlic powder
- 1 Tbsp worcestershire sauce
- 1 lb lean ground pork
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 Cup uncooked rice or you can sub cauli rice
- 1 24 ounce can diced tomatos undrained
- 1 24 ounce can crushed tomatos undrained
- 6 Cups beef broth
- 1 head cabbage cored, and chopped
- Brown the pork and beef in a skillet on the stovetop over medium heat. Stir well. Drain off any liquid fat from cooking.
- Add the onions seasonings. Cook and stir for an additional 1-2 minutes. Place the browned meat in a slow cooker.
- Add the remaining ingredients. Cover and cook on low for 5-6 hours or on high for 3-5 hours in a slow cooker. You can also cook in a pressure cooker for 30 minutes.
- Serve warm with sour cream and cheese if desired.
Share this Recipe
Leave a Reply