|Prep Time||10 minutes|
|Cook Time||1 hour|
- 1/2 Medium butternut squash
- 1 Medium onion sauteed
- 2 Tbsp sour cream or plain greek yogurt
- 1/2 Medium avocado
- 1 Clove garlic
- 1/2 Medium lime
- 1 Medium tomato chopped
- 1/2 Can black beans
- 1 Tbsp chicken broth or water
- 1/2 Cup purple cabbage chopped
- 4 corn tortillas
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Place squash, cut sides down, in a 9 x 13 inch baking dish. Make sure to scoop out seeds before cooking. Pour broth or water into dish around squash halves. Bake in the preheated oven until tender and easily pierced with a fork, about an hour (start checking at 45 minutes to make sure it does not overcook). Carefully remove the skin with a fork; it should be very easy to remove.
- While the squash is baking, oil a pan with coconut oil, thinly slice onions and cook over medium-low heat until caramelized.
- Once the squash is baked and cooled, scoop squash and put in blender with a spoon. Add salt and pepper. Blend until pureed but still slightly chunky.
- In a side bowl, lightly mash avocado with a fork, and add juice from lime, minced garlic, salt, pepper, and hot sauce if desired.
- Warm beans, tortillas, and chop tomato and cabbage in separate side dishes to create a taco bar.
- Assemble tacos by adding butternut squash, beans, tomatoes, avocado, sour cream, hot sauce and cabbage to tortillas.
Share this Recipe
Leave a Reply