Soaking your mushrooms in balsamic vinegar releases a bit more earthiness, while the sweetness of balsamic balances it out in a fun twist with this mushroom salad recipe. This is a great dish for summer parties or as a snack between meals, with the extra nutrition of the garbanzo beans (fiber, protein, antioxidants, anti-inflammatory, manganese, and iron) helping keep you feel full and satisfied.
|Prep Time||5 minutes|
|Cook Time||15 minutes|
|Passive Time||2-6 hours|
- 4 portobello mushroom caps sliced thinly into strips
- 1 red bell pepper sliced thinly
- 1 15.5 Ounce Can garbanzo beans well rinsed
- 1/2 Cup feta cheese crumbled
- 1/4 Cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 Cup olive oil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Marinate red pepper and mushrooms in balsamic ,vinegar, olive oil and sea salt for 2-6 hours. A plastic baggie works well.
- Once marinaded, cook up bell pepper and mushrooms in a pan, pour remaining marinade in and sauté 5-10 minutes, until softened.
- Transfer to a storage bowl, add garbanzo beans and chill 2-4 hours . Top with feta just before serving.
Share this Recipe
Leave a Reply